The chair’s shape subtly echoes the familiar majestic form of the whale’s tail. The cast iron frame is made from our own recycled steel waste and the back from pressed felt from recycled PET bottles.
- cast iron base: steel waste from our own factory, melted down locally
- seat back: pressed PET felt from 67 recycled PET bottles
- seat shell: plywood with oak veneer top layer
- legs: FSC-certified wood, available in white varnish or stained black
- also available with a steel wireframe base, colours according to Vepa colour chart ‘Epoxy and lacquer’
- cushioning: ecologically produced in the Netherlands. Reused after end-of-life
- height: 790 mm
- width: 763 mm
- depth: 547 mm
- design: LAMA concept
The more people get involved, the more positive impact we will have.
Are you interested in buying our furniture, or do you want to know more about the technical development?
We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us by clicking the button.
Join the mission
Building on our success in the Netherlands, the Plastic Whale Foundation aims te have a wider positive impact through partnerships. We have started working with local partners in the developing world to collect and recycle plastic waste. This creates local jobs with decent pay and work conditions, and helps reduce the amount of plastic on landfill sites.