Inspiration for the top of our boardroom table is a surfacing whale, with its distinctive blowhole and gracious lines. It is made from layers of recycled PET felt, recycled PET foam, and FSC birch wood.
The table’s legs, which in their design recall a whale’s imposing skeleton, are made of robust PEFC oak. The surface is exquisitely finished using PET felt that has been heated and pressed to give it a luxurious look-&-feel.
The table top is divided into four modular segments
- top layer (inclusive blowhole): 4mm pressed and recycled PET felt
- intermediate layer: 9mm FSC-certified birch plywood and 30mm layer recycled PET foam
- finish lengthways: varnished plywood
- finish ends: 5mm PET foam layer with 3 mm lasered metal plate, text: ‘This table is made from Amsterdam Canal Plastic’
- console with four power connections meeting the European standard
- for one boardroom table we use 672 recycled PET bottles for the PET foam and 332 PET bottles for the PET felt
The table legs are made of PEFC certified European oak. The metal spreader bars that depict the whale’s bonestructure are chrome-plated and 8 mm thick.
- length: 4000 mm
- width table top: 1400 mm
- width legs: 996 mm
- height: 754 mm
- design: LAMA concept
The more people get involved, the more positive impact we will have.
For more information, please contact us by clicking on the button.
Are you coming from the United Kingdom or Ireland? Please go to nomique.com for more information.
JOIN THE MISSION
Building on our success in the Netherlands, the Plastic Whale Foundation aims te have a wider positive impact through partnerships. We have started working with local partners in the developing world to collect and recycle plastic waste. This creates local jobs with decent pay and work conditions, and helps reduce the amount of plastic on landfill sites.