Inspiration for the top of our boardroom table is a surfacing whale, with its distinctive blowhole and gracious lines. It is made from layers of recycled PET felt, recycled PET foam, and FSC birch wood.
The table’s legs, which in their design recall a whale’s imposing skeleton, are made of robust PEFC oak. Het tafelblad is prachtig afgewerkt met PET-vilt, dat is verwarmd en geperst om een luxe uitstraling te geven. The surface is exquisitely finished using PET felt that has been heated and pressed to give it a luxurious look-&-feel.
The table top is divided into four modular segments
- Top layer: 4mm pressed and recycled PET felt.
- Intermediate layer: 9mm FSC-certified birch plywood and 30mm layer recycled PET foam.
- Finish lengthways: varnished plywood.
- Finish ends: 5mm PET foam layer with 3 mm lasered metal plate, text: ‘This table is made from Amsterdam Canal Plastic’.
- Blowhole: recycled PET felt; on underside covered with plywood plate.
- For one boardroom table we use 672 recycled PET bottles for the PET foam and 332 PET bottles for the PET felt.
The table legs are made of PEFC certified European oak. The metal spreader bars that depict the whale’s bonestructure are chrome-plated and 8 mm thick.
- Length: 4000mm.
- Width table top: 1400mm.
- Width legs: 996mm.
- Height: 754mm.
The more people get involved, the more positive impact we will have.
Are you interested in buying our furniture, or do you want to know more about the technical development?
We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us by clicking the button.
JOIN THE MISSION
Plastic Whale Circular Furniture is for every company that wants to give substance to its sustainability targets. Together, we want and can make a global impact. 10% of the profit of Plastic Whale Circular Furniture is invested in local projects that deal with the plastic problem in places where it’s needed the most. The first collaboration is with SweepSmart, an organisation that offers professional waste solutions in India. Together with SweepSmart, Plastic Whale Circular Furniture will upgrade the professional organisation of waste disposal installations in India to a level where the collected plastic can be reused for our next furniture range. For more information, visit sweepsmart.org.